The General Data Protection Regulation came into force on 25th May 2018. The 6024 Preservation Society (6024PS) will comply with the new law, and the purpose of this document is to describe how we use and protect any information provided by members.
The 6024PS takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Under no circumstances will we sell, distribute or lease your information to any third party unless required to do so by law. 6024PS has in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold and will ensure that information is held only by active Board members who need it in order to carry out their functions on behalf of the Society.
Information which may be held by 6024PS:
- Your name
- Your contact details (address, phone number and email address where supplied)
- Bank details (if supplied to pay membership fees)
- Confirmation as to whether you are a UK taxpayer (for Gift Aid purposes) by completion of a Gift Aid form
- Medical information (volunteers with PTS certification)
- Details of any specific enquiries.
Why do we hold this information?
- To supply members with the benefits of 6024PS membership (Kings Messenger, newsletter, and access to the Members Area of the website)
- To contact volunteers
- To ensure compliance with medical requirements for volunteers with PTS certification
- To respond to contact from members.
How is the information collected?
- The membership application form completed on joining the Society
- Amendments to contact information supplied by members
- Confidential supply of medical details from individuals and medical professionals
- Enquiries sent to the Society by members and non-members
How long do we keep this information?
- Membership information is reviewed on an annual basis
- Once someone leaves the Society their information will be retained for a short period and then destroyed. During this period the information will not be used
- Medical details are destroyed once they are out of date or when a volunteer steps down from duties which require PTS certification.
Who has access to the information?
- The Membership Secretary, who retains a membership database in paper and electronic format. A copy of the database is also held in electronic format by the Secretary
- The Membership Secretary receives bank details where appropriate, which are forwarded to the applicant’s bank
- The Chief Engineer and Operations Manager hold contact details of volunteers
- The Operations Manager holds medical information relating to volunteers with PTS certification and this will be shared as necessary for operational reasons
- Information may be made available to other members of the Board on a need to know basis.
Once a Board member with access to personal information leaves their post, the information will be passed to their successor and not retained by former Board members.
Your rights as an 6024PS Member
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights—
- Right of access: if you would like to know what personal information we hold about you please contact us. You also have the right to know for what purpose it is being stored. The 6024PS will aim to respond as soon as practicable and within 28 days. Normally there is no charge for responding to such requests.
- Right to rectification: if you believe any of the personal information we hold is inaccurate please contact us. Corrections will be made as soon as practicable within 28 days.
- Right to erasure: if you wish us to remove any of your data from our records please contact us. Data will be erased as soon as practicable within 28 days.
- Right to complain: if you wish to complain about the manner in which the 6024PS is managing your personal data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
The 6024PS website may contain links to other relevant websites. You should be aware that once you have used these links you leave our site and access websites over which the Society has no control. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst on these sites. We recommend that you are aware of this and taken note of the privacy policies applicable to the sites visited.
You can email the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact the Secretary at 4 Noble View, West Malvern Road, Malvern, WR14 4NB and the Membership Secretary at Linton House, Ban Brook Copse, Salford Priors, Evesham, WR11 8GW.